FREDERICK, Md (WDVM) — Frederick County is easing restrictions at its solid waste management facilities.
The county’s waste processing facilities, located at 9031 Reichs Ford Road, has reopened including the transfer station, yard waste drop-off, citizens’ convenience center and recycling drop-off center.
Visitors can also begin buying mulch and compost.
While the facilities reopen, the county continues to enact safety procedures. Administrative offices remain closed to walk-in business, the county state in a press release.
Customers must complete purchases with check or credit; cash will not be accepted. Staff require that all customers use a face covering and staff work six feet apart from each other.
Normal facility hours are in effect (Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) and the regular holiday site closure will be observed for Memorial Day, Monday, May 25.
For more information, visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/landfill
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Earles rescued downed aircrew in Vietnam, 1969
- “Woody” awarded Medal of Honor by President Truman for going above and beyond in WWII
- Stellar performance: The story of First Lt. Jerry Headley
- Former PSU women’s basketball coach returns to Notre Dame
- Redskins position spotlight: Offense