Family of four displaced after home catches fire

I-270

A family of four is displaced after a house fire early Thursday morning in Silver Spring.

Montgomery County Fire & Rescue officials say it started shortly before 3 a.m. on the 1600 block of Brisbane Street in the Forest Glen area near Holy Cross Hospital. Authorities say the fire started near an electrical plug outlet adapter. The family’s dog made it out, but their cat died in the blaze.

Fire crews went out into the neighborhood for an “after the fire” initiative for safety checks on neighboring homes.

Capt. Douglas Arnold of Montgomery County Fire & Rescue, Station 19 stated, “For the sake of security, to let folks know that the fire department is here. We’re not only out here running emergency events.”

The estimated cost of damage is $250,000.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Maryland
More West Virginia
More I-270
More Virginia
More Pennsylvania

Stay Connected

Events

Don't Miss

More Local News