A family has been displaced after a house fire in Germantown.
Montgomery County Fire Rescue crews responded to the fire on the 11000 block of Appledowre Way.
Fire officials say a passing neighbor reported the fire. The estimated cost of damage is over $500,000.
Officials say the fire originated in the HVAC unit. Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Spokesman, Pete Piringer, said: “We do recommend that you have your heating and air conditioning system checked out by a professional electrician or plumber.”
One firefighter suffered minor injuries in getting the blaze under control.