MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — Some southbound lanes on I-270 were closed between Middlebrook Road and Montgomery Village Avenue on Monday afternoon for an accident. Lanes reopened shortly before 4 p.m.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue’s spokesperson Pete Piringer tweeted that an object went through a car’s windshield and seriously injured the driver.
The Maryland State Highway Administration tweeted at 3:34 p.m. that three left lanes are closed past Exit 11/MD 124 Quince Orchard Road. Another tweet at 3:57 p.m. said the lanes were reopened.
No further information is known about the condition of the driver or the object that struck them.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Newly elected member to serve Montgomery County’s Board of Education
- George Mason pauses Men’s Basketball activities due to COVID-19
- Amazon opens last mile delivery centers in Manassas and Gainesville
- Marymount University partners with leaders to become stronger in technology innovation
- Animal rescue grant support 20 others