MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — Some southbound lanes on I-270 were closed between Middlebrook Road and Montgomery Village Avenue on Monday afternoon for an accident. Lanes reopened shortly before 4 p.m.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue’s spokesperson Pete Piringer tweeted that an object went through a car’s windshield and seriously injured the driver.
The Maryland State Highway Administration tweeted at 3:34 p.m. that three left lanes are closed past Exit 11/MD 124 Quince Orchard Road. Another tweet at 3:57 p.m. said the lanes were reopened.
No further information is known about the condition of the driver or the object that struck them.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Humane Society of Washington County enhances Foster Program
- Kinetic Art Promenade organizers seek local artisans for 2021 display
- Community Foundation of Frederick County set to distribute more than $300,000 in grants
- Frederick animal shelter in need of donations
- WV health director: No magic wand to make COVID-19 vanish