MONROVIA, Md (WDVM) — Deputies are investigating a fatal crash in Monrovia, Maryland and believe speeding could have played a role.
Just before 10 p.m. Monday, Frederick County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a two-vehicle crash along the 5000 block of Lynn Burke Road.
Investigators say a Cadillac sedan with three passengers was traveling south on the roadway when it crossed the center line and hit a truck hauling a trailer.
Deputies say the driver of the car suffered serious injuries and died on-scene. The sedan passengers were transported to a hospital with minor injuries and deputies add the driver of the truck was uninjured.
In a press release, investigators say the investigation is ongoing, and that “it appears that speed was a contributing factor.”
The name of the victim was not released.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Buckle up: New York Governor signs law requiring adults to wear seat belts in back seats
- 2020 Voting Information in DC,MD,VA
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump pulled from briefing; A look at the future of college football
- Video: Deputies point guns at Black teens witnesses say were victims of knife attack
- Secret Service agent shoots man near White House during Trump’s COVID-19 briefing