BRUNSWICK, Md. (WDVM) — Firefighters battled a house fire at the 100 block of West Potomac St in Brunswick, Maryland for over two hours on Wednesday. Two people were sent to the hospital.
One of the patients includes a firefighter, who was reportedly taken to the hospital because of the heat. The other patient is a civilian, according to Frederick County Fire and Rescue.
The 3-alarm fire was reported around 2 p.m. and was knocked out around 5 p.m. Crews were still working afterwards on cleanup. According to Frederick County Fire and Rescue, four residents and their pets escaped safely, but they are displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Responding crews came from Frederick County, Washington County and Loudoun County. The incident is still under investigation.
Aerial footage courtesy of NBC4
Multiple fire companies from Frederick, Washington co and more respond to the fire occurred at West Potomac At in Brunswick pic.twitter.com/MeLVgNN9Av— Anthony Deng (@anthonyhdmedia) June 3, 2020
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- MCPS releases draft for Fall semester
- Fauquier Deputy charged with fabricating roadside attack
- Loudoun Sheriff doesn’t agree with efforts to create countywide police department
- Shooting in Falls Church leaves one person seriously injured
- Cleaning company is offering a free clean service to parents