WHEATON, Md. (WDVM) — A family is displaced and one person was injured after an overnight house fire in Montgomery County.
Fire officials say the call came in after midnight on the 10400 block of Haywood Drive in Wheaton. All residents were able to get out the house and one resident was evaluated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters also rescued one dog. Investigators say the fire started by an unattended candle in the kitchen. The estimated cost of damage is $75,000.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- D.C. Police need help identifying a toddler who was found in southeast
- NOVA Vets providing free transportation for veterans to and from vaccine appointments
- Pfizer vaccine effectiveness declines after 4 months, study says
- US swimmer Andrew goes maskless behind scenes at Olympics
- County Executive Jan Gardner urges residents who are unvaccinated to get vaccinated