Accidental house fire in Bethesda displaces family

I-270

Courtesy: Pete Piringer Twitter

BETHESDA, Md. (WDVM) — The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue arrived at a home on Chestnut St, in Bethesda around 9 p.m on Sunday.

According to officials, the fire started due to an overloaded extension cord in the home. The fire has been deemed as an accident, officials say.

Officials report over $1 million in damages and three adults along with a child were displaced.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

honoring you banner

Stay Connected

Events

Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories