CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Facebook announced Wednesday morning that it started running notifications on Facebook and Instagram that votes are still being counted in the presidential election and no winner has been determined.
The social media giant tweeted out the announcement saying it started the notifications “Once President Trump began making premature claims of victory.”
Facebook also said it would automatically apply labels to both candidates’ posts with this information.
Twitter also appeared put an alert above one of the president’s tweets.
The Twitter alert linked to information about the company’s civic integrity policy.
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- North Dakota hospitals utilizing newly FDA-authorized COVID-19 treatment drug
- Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump threaten to sue Lincoln Project over Times Square ads
- Lawmakers push bill to allow further private and public donations for border crossings
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021