RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginians are picking Republican and Democratic nominees for various congressional races Tuesday in low-key primary elections.
Republicans will pick among three political newcomers to challenge U.S. Sen. Mark Warner in the general election this fall. Although Warner almost lost six years ago, no big-name Republican has chosen to challenge him at this time.
With its fast-growing suburbs, Virginia is becoming reliably Democratic during the Trump administration. No statewide Republican has won in Virginia in more than a decade. Republicans in Hampton Roads will decide whether Scott Taylor will get a rematch with U.S. Rep. Elaine Luria.
Watch for live results as polls close in Virginia tonight on WDVM 25.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
- Hog wild: U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- Breaking brewing barriers: Hispanic immigrant taps into Denver’s craft beer biz
- Building trust on the border: FBI director works with community to stem crime, cyber threats
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement