FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. (WDVM) — Fairfax County will have fourteen satellite absentee voting locations for the election in November.
The county is increasing the number of locations. There were nine in-person absentee voting locations for the 2016 election.
The change comes after high demand for absentee voting by mail. A new law has also been enacted in the state of Virginia that allows “no excuse” to vote absentee. Previously, you had to provide a reason for not voting in person.
Garry Scott, director of elections for Fairfax County, said that the satellite locations are for more convenience.
“On election day polling, you have to go to a specific place during a specific set of hours….with the satellites, you can go to any of the satellites during the period of time that they’re open,” he said.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Where to get free COVID-19 tests in Prince William County August 5-7
- Three bodies recovered in waters surrounding DC
- Noon update: Storm impacts, damage across Maryland
- Tracking the Tropics: Isaias bringing tornadoes, heavy rain, wind up east coast after landfall in North Carolina
- At least 2 dead, 2 missing in NC town following tornado spawned by Isaias