FREDERICK, Md. (WDVM) — For Maryland voters, the deadline to register for the upcoming election could be sooner than you think.
The deadline to register to vote in Maryland’s June 2 primary is Wednesday, May 27. According to the Frederick County Board of Elections, voters have until 11:59 p.m. to register.
Wednesday is also the last day registered voters can make changes to their name, address or party affiliation.
Voters can register online through the state board of elections registration system at https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/OnlineVoterRegistration/InstructionsStep1
According to the state board of elections website, voters can also submit a voter registration application to a local board of elections or the State Board of Elections at any time. However, the website states, an application must be postmarked by the deadline in order to vote in the next scheduled election.
For more information, visit https://elections.maryland.gov/index.html
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Berkeley County high school student finalist for college scholarship
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?
- UPDATE: Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office identify victims in Fourth of July shooting
- Frederick County TransIT returns to full service
- Fight continues to save old African American cemetery in Bethesda