ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WDVM) — The Alexandria Police Department is investigating a crime that happened on North Quantrell Avenue Wednesday afternoon.
Police said there was a “felonious assault” on the 5900 block just before 4 p.m., but did not provide further details about the alleged crime. Police believe one person was hospitalized.
Alexandria Police Department released more information detailing officers found a 57-year-old man when they arrived on the scene, who suffered an injury to his upper body. They confirmed he was transported to a local hospital, where he died.
ACPD have not released any identities or suspects yet. This is an ongoing investigation.
This is a developing story. Stay with LocalDVM.com for updates.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 7
- West Virginia meets national air quality standards
- Four Frederick organizations receive grants to help with homelessness
- Purple Thursday raises awareness for domestic violence
- General Assembly seeks service of high school seniors