NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- DePaul transfer Pauly Paulicap commits to WVU hoops
- Amazon debuts pay-by-palm at some Whole Foods stores
- Marymount University vaccinates 1,100 people against COVID-19
- Fairfax County bakery donates over 20,000 loaves of bread for food insecure families
- Woman Transforms Kitchen Countertops With Game-Changing Hack