NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Three additional COVID-19 deaths in Mountain State
- Love coffee? Here are the best U.S. cities for coffee drinkers
- Tiny airborne particles may pose a big coronavirus problem
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- Chrissy Teigen hospitalized after excessive bleeding during pregnancy