MARYLAND (WDVM) — Over the last several days, the state of Maryland has seen decreased numbers of COVID-19 related hospitalizations, according to data from the State Department of Health.
As of Monday, 1,447 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 complications, which is 13 fewer people reported on Sunday. This number has generally trended down for about a week.
Over the last 24 hours, just over 14 percent of the 6,580 results reported came back positive. County officials not following the governor’s plan to re-open are looking for this number to remain low.
The state also reports having conducted over 200,000 total tests as of Monday. The state reports nearly 40,000 positive results.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- ‘Symbol of hatred’: No charges after KKK flag hangs next door to Black family’s home
- Can’t find the Amazon app icon on your phone? That’s because it got a makeover
- Oakdale grad Percy Agyei-Obese starring for No. 1 ranked Dukes
- More than 300k West Virginians receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- At least 13 dead after SUV carrying 25 crashes with semitruck near US-Mexico border