WASHINGTON (WDVM) — D. C. Mayor Bowser holds daily COVID-19 response briefing on April 1 at 11 a.m.
Bowser reminded residents and landlords that no late fees or eviction notices can be issued at this time. The District has a total of 586 confirmed positive cases of coronavirus according to Bowser.
D.C. residents are advised to follow these steps to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands, multiple times a day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- An alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces