WASHINGTON (WDVM) — D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser updates residents on the coronavirus pandemic and new stimulus bill on Thursday, March 26 at 11 a.m.
According to Bowser, the District is not receiving enough funding in the new economic stimulus bill and urges for equal distribution of funds.
“We just need to be treated fairly, we’re not asking for special treatment.”
District residents are encouraged to continue practicing social distancing and take the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
For more information on the District’s response, visit coronavirus.dc.gov.