PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Public health authorities say the death toll from a coronavirus outbreak linked to a Maine wedding reception has grown to seven.
The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday the August wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket is linked to more than 175 confirmed cases of the virus.
The agency says the outbreak continues to sicken people around the state and is linked to other cases at a county jail and a rehabilitation center.
The outbreaks stemming from the event have spanned hundreds of miles in a state that had largely controlled the spread of coronavirus through the summer.
The church where the wedding was held said it is taking precautions to limit the spread of the virus.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Packers, Chiefs favorites heading into championship games
- Local community leaders react to the historic inauguration of Vice President Kamala Harris
- Plenty of sunshine and south wind helps to warm us up Thursday
- ‘His corrupt friends all come first.’ Tiger King reacts to not being pardoned by Trump
- In hidden message on White House website, Biden calls for coders