NEW YORK (AP) — Nicki Minaj has a new release coming soon: her first child.
The rapper took to Instagram on Monday to announce she is pregnant, posting photos of herself with a baby bump. One caption simply read: “#Preggers.”
She also wrote on another post, “Love. Marriage. Baby carriage. Overflowing with excitement & gratitude. Thank you all for the well wishes.”
Minaj married Kenneth Petty last year. They first dated as teenagers and reunited in 2018.
Musically, Minaj has also had a winning year, topping the Billboard Hot 100 chart twice. Her remix of Doja Cat’s “Say So” helped Minaj achieve her first-ever No. 1 on the Hot 100, despite releasing multiple hits throughout her career. She also reached the top spot with “Trollz,” her collaboration with 6ix9ine.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Anxiety 2020: Voters worry about safety at the polls
- Recent Listeria infection outbreak traced back to deli meat, CDC says
- Richmond judge dissolves injunction blocking removal of Robert E. Lee statue
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta becomes hurricane again in the Gulf of Mexico
- Protests emerge outside D.C. police station after MPD pursuit turns fatal