WINCHESTER, Va. (WDVM) — For this week’s Career in Demand we’re branching off into another area of IT, featuring data developers.
A day in life of a data developer typically involves tasks such as tracking data lineage, operational activities to help learn how to make technology more efficient, as well as extracting and transforming data.
“There’s a lot of task switching involved so you have to be very agile and be willing to drop what you’re working on and start working on something else when priorities change,” said Carolyn Jonasson, Operations Lead at Enterprise Data Strategy and Services.
The annual average salary in this field is typically around $122,000. New workers start around $73,000 and highly experienced workers can earn up to $180,000 per year.
For more information you can checkout Lord Fairfax Community College’s website:
MORE CAREERS IN DEMAND ON WDVM
- Careers in Demand: Geriatric nursing assistants
- Careers in Demand: Project managers
- Careers InDemand: Certified Nursing Assistant
- Here are the 10 highest-paying jobs that don’t require an advanced degree
- Careers InDemand: Registered Nurse