FRONT ROYAL, Va. (WDVM) — Commercial truck driving is the most in-demand credential and career in the Shenandoah Valley with over 2,000 job openings annually.
You can either obtain a CDL-A or CDL-B license. Some drivers deliver goods locally and others drive through multiple states per trip.
The median salary for commercial truck driver’s is around $42,000, new workers start around $27,000 and highly experienced workers can earn up to $71,000 per year.
In order to obtain your CDL, you need to be over the age of 18, have a driver’s license, and pass a physical. From there, you can engage in training courses through a program like Lord Fairfax Community College where you can earn the necessary skills.
For more information, you can check out Lord Fairfax Community College’s commercial truck driving fast track program:
MORE CAREERS IN DEMAND ON WDVM
- Careers in Demand: Geriatric nursing assistants
- Careers in Demand: Project managers
- Careers InDemand: Certified Nursing Assistant
- Here are the 10 highest-paying jobs that don’t require an advanced degree
- Careers InDemand: Registered Nurse