FREDERICK, Md. - In Maryland, the trial for the Catoctin High School student, who was accused of planning to carry out a deadly plot at the school earlier this year, has been delayed according to the Frederick County State's Attorney's Office.
During the initial Frederick County Sheriff's Office press conference on the incident, officers said 18-year old Nicole Cevario allegedly planned to execute the attack on April 5, however, it was prevented after Cevario's parents notified authorities.
Officers also said an investigation uncovered Cevario's plot in her journal along with a shotgun and bomb-making materials at her home.
Cevario is facing two counts: one for possession of a destructive device related to explosive material and possession with intent to create a destructive device for incendiary material.
Law officials said each count carries up to a maximum of 25 years.
"The defense made a request to have the case continued pursuant to their desire to have our expert opinion assessed by their own experts and to allow them time to do that is the basis for the continuance,” said Economics Crime Division Chief, City of Frederick, Jason Shoemaker.
The new trial date for Cevario has not yet been released by officials yet.