If you'd like to help in your community, find your local chapter of the Red Cross online and ask what you can do to support its work. Some may not be prepared to accept donations or coordinate volunteer efforts, so check first before taking action. This page will be updated as information is available.
Items needed for immediate needs
- Bottled water
- Personal toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, bath towels, etc.)
- Toilet paper
- Disposable diapers and other baby needs (baby powder, formula, baby shampoo, etc.)
- Canned and staple food items (same list as Scouting for Food)
- Batteries, battery-operated flashlights/lanterns
- Blankets/pillows, etc.
- Small activity books with crayons or card games for children
Do you or your organization have a relief effort in progress? Share it with WDVM:
Sue Creech Elementary School was flooded, causing them to lose many books.
The funds collected will assist Florida and Houston school districts.